What do you need when picking up a vehicle?
When taking over a vehicle, you must have a valid ID card, valid driver's license and security deposit, credit card or cash. There should be enough funds on the credit card to be able to authorize the required amount of deposits. The deposit amount (authorization or cash) depends on the rental price, the rented type and the car category and the selected coverage packages.
A credit card may be charged for any additional charges that may occur during the lease term.
Terms of payment
For the billing process we accept cash and all credit and debit cards such as: Eurocard / MasterCard, Maestro, American Express Card, Visa Card.
We do not accept prepaid cards or electronic cards (Visa Electron, Maestro) for the security deposit process.
The service user must be the owner of the credit card.
Remember that credit card payment may require a PIN credit card.
The user, as well as the additional driver, must have a valid driver's license for at least 24 months.
Driving licenses that are not printed in Latin (Arabic, Japanese, Cyrillic, etc.) should be accompanied by an international driver's license.
Please take a valid ID or passport and a driver's license when taking the vehicle.
Duration of lease and grace period
Vehicles are rented on a daily basis (24 hours).
179 minutes late payment is allowed without charge. After 180 minutes of delay, it is charged for the entire day of use.
Reservation can be changed up to 48 hours before departure.
Cancellation of rent
If the customer cancels the reservation within 48 hours before the start of the lease, he or she will bear the risk of paying half of the lease amount.
Reservations can be canceled via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not taking the vehicle
In the event that the user did not take the vehicle or did not take it for the agreed time, and did not inform ZAGSTEL about renting the car, there may be additional charges.
General Coverage Conditions
When picking up a vehicle, it is important to choose some type of insurance package or supplement, there are different insurance packages and add ones that have chosen your options and options.
Basic - CDW / TP (Redemption coverage for damage to vehicle body damage with reduced amount: amount depends on vehicle class), Unlimited mileage, Free cancellation *, VAT (VAT)
Protect - BASIC + Passenger Insurance, Roadside Assistance, CDW + (Redemption coverage for damage to vehicle body damage at reduced amount: amount depends on vehicle class)
Total protect - BASIC + PROTECT + SCDW - coverage for full liability coverage for damage to vehicle bodywork, WUG (full liability coverage for damage to vehicle chassis, windows and wheels.)
CDW (collision damage waiver)
Cover for the repurchase of liability for loss of damage caused to the car body of the vehicle at a reduced amount.
The user is responsible for the following amounts:
5.000,00 kn (City) / per damage
8.000,00 kn (Caravan, Compact, Limousine, Monovolumen, Suv) / per damage
15.000,00 kn (Van) / per damage
37.500,00 kn (Luxury) / per damage
Any damage to the vehicle will be charged according to the damage repair catalogue available at the base.
Theft Protection (TP)
Theft protection limits the driver's liability for costs incurred by theft or damage caused by theft or attempted theft, thereby contributing to the terms of the lease agreement. This cover does not apply to personal belongings.
5.000,00 kn (City)
8.000,00 kn (Caravan, Compact, Limousine, Monovolumen, Suv)
15.000,00 kn (Van)
37.500,00 kn (Luxury)
Risk and customer liability can be reduced by accepting appropriate additions as follows:
CDW +(Collision damage waiver plus)
is the cover for the redemption of liability for loss of damage caused by the vehicle bodywork at a reduced amount:
1.500,00 kn (City) / per damage
3.000,00 kn (Caravan, Compact, Limousine, Monovolumen, Suv) / per damage
5.000,00 kn (Van) / per damage
15.000,00 kn (Luxury) / per damage
SCDW (Super collision damage waiver)
is the cover for the entire redemption of liability for damage to car body damage. WUG (Wheels, landing gear and glass protection) is the entire cover for the purchase of liability for damage caused by damage to the undercarriage, glasses and wheeled vehicles.
WUG (Wheels, undercariage and glass protection)
is the entire cover for the purchase of liability for damage caused by damage to the undercarriage, glasses and wheeled vehicles.
Passenger insurance - additional coverage of passengers and drivers, which in the event of injury and death, covers the cost of medical treatment and emergency intervention.
Border crossing - The border crossing fee depends on the rental conditions, the duration of the lease and special conditions. The customer is obliged to state the border crossing plan when booking or taking over the vehicle.
In the event that the user does not pay additional compensation and the vehicle is damaged outside the borders of the Republic of Croatia, all additional coverage chosen by the user will not be valid and may be charged for the total amount of damage incurred.
Crossing the border is charged HRK 50.00 per day.
Additional driver - additional person authorized to operate the car is charged HRK 30.00 per day.
Child seat - A child seat is a legal requirement up to 12 years of age or 135 cm in height.
The user can rent a child seat of different sizes and it is necessary to choose the one that best suits the age of the child:
Child seat (0-18 kg) in the amount of 30,00 HRK / day (600,00 HRK max per rental)
Child seat (15-36 kg) in the amount of 30,00 HRK / day (600,00 HRK max per rental)
In the event of a traffic accident, theft, malfunctioning of the vehicle or other user is obligatory:
- keep the vehicle up to its takeover by the Lessee;
- record names and addresses of participants and witnesses;
- call the police and ensure their record, except in case of malfunctioning;
- without delay, make an event statement at the nearest office of the Lessee.
- If the user does not provide a police record, the acceptance of TP / CDW, CDW + or SCDW does not diminish the liability of the user for damage as it has failed to comply with the above procedures.
Expenses not covered by ZAGSTEL cannot be covered by additional cover
Losing or stealing luggage and / or personal belongings in the vehicle.
Financial punishments for traffic offenses, improper stop and parking, as well as the costs of parking tickets.
- Costs incurred due to incorrect fuel.
- Costs for lost, stolen or damaged vehicle keys.
- Costs for lost, stolen or damaged vehicle documents
- Damage costs incurred due to negligence - empty battery.
- Costs of damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Cost of equipment loss (spare wheel, tire repair kit and associated tool, luggage rack / luggage compartment) and vehicle documentation and user instructions).
- Damage costs on additional equipment.
- Costs incurred due to vehicle misuse.
- Costs incurred due to failure to observe the conditions for maintenance of the vehicles listed in the attached service booklet.
- Costs of damage to the vehicle caused by alcohol or opiate.
- Costs of pulling out vehicles from inaccessible areas (eg pulling out vehicles from the mud in case of unused first-class traffic).
- Costs incurred by driving on unpaved roads.
- Troškove nastale prilikom vožnje utrka ili sudjelovanja vozila na sportskim događajima.
- Costs incurred due to overloading people or cargo.
- Costs for damage caused by a person who is not listed as a principal or an extra driver in the lease agreement.
- Costs incurred in cases where a driver or an additional driver listed in a lease agreement does not have a valid driver's license or has a driving license for a motor vehicle.
- Other: Damage to the wiper, and lock on the vehicle. Theft or loss of external parts of the vehicle without the delivery of a police record. Costs of damage caused using roof rails or luggage on the rails. Damage caused by loading or unloading of cargo or luggage and by placing cargo or luggage on the roof, engine cover or the like. Costs caused by ignoring audible and visual vehicle notifications.
Pick up and drop off at preferred location
During office hours
Pick up and drop off at preferred location is available upon request and is possible with an additional fee.
Pick up and drop off at preferred location Within City (or 10km from the Central Office) for a fee of 130.00 HRK.
Pick up and drop off at preferred location must be agreed at the time of booking.
Pick up and drop off at preferred location outside office hours
For out-of-office reservations, a fee of 130.00 HRK will be charged.
The user is responsible for paying all traffic and parking penalties incurred during the lease.
The lost key
In case of loss of key, a minimum fee of 1,500.00 HRK will be charged
Loss of documents and registration plates
In case of loss of vehicle documents, a fee of 1500,00 HRK will be charged.
The user is required to report a loss to the police and submit a police record of the loss of the official document.
Cleanliness of vehicles
In case the vehicle requires special cleaning procedures (eg smelling, animal hair, liquid spills) upon return, a minimum fee of 500,00 HRK will be charged.
Smoking in the vehicle is not allowed
In case of smoking in the vehicle, a fee of 500,00 HRK will be charged
All prices include VAT.
The above prices do not apply to customers with special contracts and corporate clients.